RE:Homosexuality and Salvation?

From: Debbie Mann (deborahjmann@insightbb.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 22:38:23 EDT

    Burgy, have you read the scriptural references in this e-mail? I have read that there is significant evidence that there is a genetic, or at least a physical, cause to homosexuality. Homosexuality is present in other species besides humankind and the ratio of male to female homosexuality is much the same in the different species and in people. There are far more male homosexuals than female.

    It has been my experience with sin in general and with habits as well, that one turns them over to God, conceding that one is willing to change on a theoretical level, while unwilling or unable to do so on a practical level at the time. God will convict one of the need to change. The change does not need to precede the commitment to Christ. The commitment does need to be such that one is open to conviction.

    In my youth, I had a sinful relationship that did not prevent me from having a relationship with God. I became a Christian at age 7 and that did not change. God did not in any way reject me, rather, He worked on me to get out of the sinful situation. I had no doubt that what I was doing was wrong, nor did I have any doubt of my salvation.

    How about King David? The kings were specifically told not to have many wives. On his death bed he was being given another young thing. I will not dispute that homosexuality is immoral, but I do not believe that one can differentiate between one living in sin and another. The real commandment is to love God first. And the real sin is choosing to live, continually, in a way that God has said is wrong. If God said, "don't mix fibers in a garment" three times in the New Testament - then I would view that as equally as much living in sin. David lived fully in sin while even more passionately relating to God. So, what say you?