Re: An interesting atheist book

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 17:57:27 EDT

    The 1880s and 1890s were the period when the conflict thesis of science and
    religion was put forward by the likes of Huxley.
    Huxley made up accounts of the so-called Huxley Wilberforce confrontation of
    1860 which has been demythologised by scholars like John Brooke, Frank
    Field JR Lucas etc.
    Leslie Stephen made up stroires how he lost his faith in the 1860s cos of
    the Flood . Sir Owen Chadwick scotched that from a detailed study

    I could go on.

    The quote from Hardwicke proves nothing except what atheists percieved.

    Here we go again

    Michael