Re: Do non-U.S. Christians say "God Bless America?"

From: Jay Willingham (jaywillingham@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 17:38:10 EDT

    I am confused by your email and think we are getting a bit off the subject,
    but here goes.

    One of the beauties of America is our freedoms, the right to keep and near
    arms being a chief one by which the others are protected.

    We also have the right to utter inanities, such as those the Birchers often
    spout, and to wax rhapsodic about the wonders of our fair land.

    By and large, America's refusal to keep the countries we have liberated sets
    us quite apart from our predecessors.

    Of late the unarmed Brits have found they are living in violence central as
    the hooligans rob and rage undeterred.

    As with all things infested by humans, America has her dark side. As our
    faith and humble reverence for God diminishes, so the darkness grows.

    An old Yorkshireman told me it was a sad day when they came and took his
    beloved fowling piece and Webley Scott revolver away.

    Jay Willingham, Esquire