Re: Do non-U.S. Christians say "God Bless America?"

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 13:30:20 EDT

    I think, John, that one can argue for any one of a number of things based
    upon so called logic. The question to me is what does one define as "sin".
    Are we free to make our own definitions or do we believe that there is a
    higher standard set down by God and described in what we call our holy
    scripture? I don't think that any Christian can make his or her own
    standards.

    I don't say that gay people are horrible sinners and should be avoided.
    Instead I say that the Bible calls it sin and so I must agree. It does not
    say that being black is a sin so I think that your argument there is entirely
    specious.

    Can gays be Christians? Of course. But does that say that they should follow
    there compulsions? I believe not.... no more that a "born killer" should be
    condoned when he follows his natural instincts.

    Wally

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>