Re: Do non-U.S. Christians say "God Bless America?"

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 12:33:34 EDT

    In a message dated 5/28/03 10:46:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    jwburgeson@juno.com writes:

    > Let me ask you the reverse question. Suppose homosexuality were the norm,
    > and you wished to be a minister but would have to renounce your
    > heterosexual union and repent of it to do so? Think of how hard that
    > would be. I have tried this thought experiment, assuming that I really
    > really felt the call of our Lord to ministry. The real thing would tear
    > me up.

    If homosexuality were the norm and all clergy and laity were homosexual, all
    human life would end in a generation and everything made in the image and
    likeness of God would be gone. Think of how hard that would be? That's my argument
    for the primacy of traditional family and observing the Levitical
    prohibitions.

    Do we invite extinction and modify the religion which has evolved to advance
    the reproductive interests of its practitioners so as not to hurt the feelings
    of the undisciplined?

    There is no poof that homosexuality is genetically determined. A tendency
    toward homosexuality based on effeminate physical attributes perhaps, but not
    homosexual behavior.

    What's more important - your feelings torn up or the extinction of your
    family, tribe, nation or race (oops - no races, no nations)?

    rich

    rich