Re: Do non-U.S. Christians say "God Bless America?"

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 10:43:06 EDT

    >>What about Tillich's mistress? Did T have an option there? Was it
    wrong?>>

    I've read Hannah Tillich's account of the life she and Paulus lived. And
    other bios of Tillich.

    I am not his judge, Nor JFK or Clinton's judge. Nor Nixon's either, for
    that matter.

    For me, the activities all engaged in included morally sinful acts. It
    does not follow that everything they said and did is, therefore, fatally
    flawed.

    I am friends with Bill Dean, a theology professor who was once Tillich's
    assistant as a young man. Paulus was a very complex (and charismatic)
    personality. I am told that Pauck's bio of him is worth reading; also
    Mayo's. I've read the second of these; the first is on order.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!