Sin?

From: Debbie Mann (deborahjmann@insightbb.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 10:07:27 EDT

    "At what threshold is someone's appetite one to which a person should not
    > yield in your opinion?"

    This stimulated the following:

    Want a big challenge? Put these verses together in a sermon.

    ICor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such is common to man, :
    but God is faithful who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are
    able....

    Romans 3:23 All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

    ICor 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient.

    and

    Rom 2:1 takn in light of Romans 1, which includes the classic injuction
    against homosexuality as well as a scathing list of other sins including
    gossiping, disobedience to parents, without understanding and other rather
    all encompassing sins.

    Therefore you have no excuse or defense or justification, O man, whoever you
    are who judges and condemns another. ...

    I personally lost my temper yesterday. Flippin computer ate my work and I
    couldn't even figure out why or how.

    It's one thing to discuss whether or not one defines sin as thus and so (or
    Christian for that matter)- but how do we react to the person who is 'living
    in sin'? Aren't we all at least living with sin?

    I thank God that my taste goes to large hairy men and I have one sleeping in
    my bed right now, to whom I am married. I also thank God that when I stuck
    my foot in my mouth this weekend and chewed on my toes for a bit, my hostess
    rescued me and graciously continued the conversation such that I did not
    look a fool. She was the victim of my foot chewing. Was that sin? I didn't
    do it intentionally. But, I also did not lose my temper intentionally and I
    am quite sure that that was sin. (I yelled at my poor daughter/assistant,
    who goes rather dim when she knows I'm angry - which doesn't help matters at
    all.)

    So I confessed my sins to God and daughter and I am forgiven. Until the next
    time. A few days, weeks or months from now - I will probably need to repeat
    the process.

    And I find no pleasure in it - no fulfillment of any desires or loneliness
    or yearning. I don't want unrighteous anger in any way shape or form.

    I agree that sex outside of marriage, between any two people, is wrong. But,
    I see no point in drawing any lines - or throwing any stones. There is a
    line to be drawn in terms of foolishness about personal safety. And we do
    need to use wisdom in being yoked. (What defines 'yoked'? - another
    discussion.)Otherwise, the sinner is welcome at my table.