Re: On Tillich

From: John W Burgeson (
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 16:22:35 EDT

    One may go back further. Note "...anyone who comes to him must believe
    that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Hebrews

    > That is not historically correct. Note the following from Anselm's
    > Cur Deus
    > Homo (Why the God-man?):>>

    Your difference is, of course, with Karen Armstrong, not me. I am not
    convinced that Armstrong's comments are necessarily in tension with the

    Her comments did resonate with the way I became a Christian. But it may
    come down, ultimately, to a definition of the word "faith."

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    Only $14.95/ month - visit to sign up today!