Re: Do non-U.S. Christians say "God Bless America?"

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 13:29:42 EDT

    In a message dated 5/27/03 10:02:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    jcannon@jcannon.washjeff.edu writes:

    > There are many things for an American citizen to be thankful for
    > (much of which can be traced, ironically, to the Enlightenment). My
    > post is not anti-American. However, the line between the good and the
    > bad (or the Godly and the ungodly) cuts right down the middle. Being
    > Christian should encompass among other things telling the truth about
    > the principalities and powers of this age; we are citizens of a
    > different kingdom. Our belief that "Jesus is Lord" should mean that we
    > do not worship America, the American ideal, or other things "of this
    > world."

    Now that's a new slant. The liberals are doing everything they can to
    separate Christianity from the USA, and now I see a Christian doing the same thing
    from the other side of the fence. This cannot remain a "Christian country" with
    both ends pulling against the middle.
    The American ideal only 50 years ago, was a Christian ideal.

    rich