Re: On Tillich

From: Graham E. Morbey (gmorbey@wlu.ca)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 12:25:48 EDT

    Dear Burgy,

    As a Christian brother you are going to have to take my word for this
    anecdote. Professor Robert Knudsen (now deceased) of Westminster
    Seminary (Phila.) told this story, probably in 1964. It may have been in
    his advanced course on Kierkegaard, but I am not sure. I have a critical
    chapter on Tillich in a book called Bringing into Captivity every
    Thought: capita selecta in the History of Christian Evaluations of
    Non-Christian Philosophy" edit by Jacob Klapwijk, Sander Griffioen and
    Gerben Groenewoud. I was pretty much steeped in Tillich studies in those
    far-off days!

    Kind regards,
    Graham