Re: Do non-U.S. Christians say "God Bless America?"

From: Terry M. Gray (grayt@lamar.colostate.edu)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 10:31:53 EDT

    Joel,

    Isn't "God Bless America" a prayer in keeping with Romans 13:1ff and
    1 Timothy 2:1-2? You seem to suggest that what is meant by that is
    "God is blessing America" ("America is God's country.") No doubt,
    that sentiment exists, but I'd suggest that my reading is more in
    keeping with Jay's and most people's intent.

    Isn't it legitimate for Christian citizens of each nation to utter
    such a prayer for their nation and their leaders? Of course, a
    Christian's primary allegiance is to the Kingdom of God.

    TG

    --
    Fort Collins, Colorado  80523