Re: The Tower of Babel - Less Confusing

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 16:12:41 EDT

    Rich writes

    >Does Judaism need to surrender genesis Jim?

    I'd prefer to stick to the Christianity discussion.

    >The essence of personal and communal religion are recorded in genesis. you
    would take that away?

    Genesis needs to go. Since I'm not in the church, I don't see
    much point in providing a lot of suggestions. Christianity has
    become a religion of personal experience. False scripture gets
    in the way. At best, it would be discarded. Alternatively, it
    could be ignored. Unfortunately for Christianity, I don't think
    the YECs will ever allow it to be ignored.

    >and what specifically? The creation, the fall?

    Especially these, yes.

    >Jacob's weakening of Laban's flocks? Joseph's rise in Egypt?

    The creation and fall are plenty to talk about, and have the
    highest profile.

    Jim