Re: The Tower of Babel - Less Confusing

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 09:47:52 EDT

    In a message dated 5/24/03 8:47:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    jeisele@starpower.net writes:

    > I'm not going to do that, Paul. And I'll tell you why:
    > You are entirely free to tell all of us what was "really
    > going on" in Genesis. It is my position that Christianity
    > (for its own sake) needs to surrender Genesis.

    Does Judaism need to surrender genesis Jim? or just Christianity? The essence
    of personal and communal religion are recorded in genesis. you would take
    that away? and what specifically? The creation, the fall? Jacob's weakening of
    Laban's flocks? Joseph's rise in Egypt?
    rich