Re: On Tillich

From: Graham E. Morbey (gmorbey@wlu.ca)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 13:39:42 EDT

    Hi George, et al,

    Two points:

    I was thinking more broadly when I used the term Creeds (meaning that I
    should have been more careful!). However, Heidlelberg Catchism, Lord's Day
    18, Question 46 asks: What do you mean by saying: ''he ascended into
    heaven"? and the Answer: That Christ, while his disciples watched, was
    lifted up from earth into heaven and will be there for our good until he
    comes again to judge the living and the dead.

    Also, the three I mentioned on the road to Emmaus reference is
    Luke24:13-35. My hypothetical camera was focussed on verse 31. John
    20:29 could be translated today (before digital technology perhaps) as
    " Have you believed because you have photos? Blessed are those who have
    no photos and yet have come to believe."

    Best wishes,
    Graham