Re: On Tillich

From: Graham E. Morbey (gmorbey@wlu.ca)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 10:47:47 EDT

    Years ago a professor of mine once asked Tillich if a camera could have
    recorded the Resurrection of Jesus. The curt reply was "no!"
    Now, was that because of the limitation of the camera (no record of a
    personal observation of the actual Resurrection in Scripture)? Perhaps a
    better question
    " Would the camera have recorded the three of them on the road to
    Emmaus?" The answer for Tillich, I believe, is still "no". The Creeds
    teach a camera faith!

    Graham