RE: Response to Howard on Tillich & Bultmann

From: Ted Davis (tdavis@messiah.edu)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 19:38:32 EDT

    Right on, Blake, esp the part about Griffin and life after death. In my
    current book project, I plan to focus a chapter on this very issue. In the
    1920s, lots of liberal theologians and scientists believed in life after
    death, but not also in a personal and transcendent God to guarantee the
    same. I call this wishful thinking of the worst sort.

    ted