Re: Out of the sea (was The Tower of Babel...)

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 18:22:06 EDT

    Hi Gordon,

    You wrote: "What a far fetched method of exegesis! I don't believe that
    anyone, including you, became a believer in a global flood by this
    argument."

    I wasn't aware that I'd claimed these observations to constitute a proof of
    the globality of the flood. However, in my view they certainly augment the
    reasons (recently aired by Paul) for believing this to be the case - and as
    such should at least be properly acknowledged and discussed.

    As one who is himself deeply involved in the 'business of numbers' you must
    surely agree that there are far too many coincidences at work here to
    comfortably attribute these matters to _chance_. And of course, they do not
    stand in isolation. You cannot have forgotten the triangular geometries of
    the Bible's opening words, and the derivation of 'pi' and 'e' from Genesis
    1:1 and John 1:1, respectively - to mention just some of the numerical
    findings that harmonise perfectly with the content of my recent posting. You
    have not challenged these - so why do you write as though the "Out of the
    sea" phenomena are without substantial foundation?

    As Christians we surely agree that the Bible has come into being by
    supernatural means; thus it should come as no surprise to find strong
    evidence of a protecting supernatural hand manifested in the choice and use
    of numbers - both express and implied - in the biblical text. However,
    perhaps you have an alternative explanation for the numerical phenomena that
    you would wish to share with us - assuming of course you agree these
    puzzling features are real.

    Regards,

    Vernon
    http://www.otherbiblecode.com