Re: addendum

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 17:06:00 EDT

    Hi Peter,

    Concerning the olive leaf in the dove's beak (Gen.8:11), it is surely not hard to imagine there would have been floating mats of plant detritus on what would have been an endless ocean of predominantly _fresh_ water. Our current understanding of hydroponic principles would then take this plausible scenario the rest of the way. It follows that Noah's logic was perhaps not as sound as he supposed.

    Regards,

    Vernon