RE: addendum

From: Peter Brunt (pbrunt@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 05:08:26 EDT

    Hi Paul
    Interesting point about olive trees. Sure they are hardy trees but.
    my point would be that if the world was totally covered in water such
    that the highest mountains were covered
    then wouldn't the "olive trees" be out of sunlight for more than a year?
    That would make them more than hardy trees wouldn't you think?
    Peter

    Whoops, my email on the flood of 2900 vs the biblical flood got sent
    prematurely.

    Let me simply add that I do not believe it can be proven or even be
    stated with probability that if covered by water for a year, all olive
    trees would be so dead that none could send out shoots. They are
    extremely hardy trees and well known for their sending forth of shoots.

    As for Nephilim, if the word means "giants," I see no reason why some of
    the descendants of Noah genertions later could not be significantly
    taller than the majority of men.

    Paul