Re: YEC Advocate

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 20:57:56 EDT

    George and Debbie,

        For details of the urban legend of "the lost day," check out
    www.snopes.com/religion/lostday.htm.

        As George knows far better than I, it is physically impossible for the
    earth to be stopped in its rotation without the most catastropic effects.
    Debbie, the word "conjure" is the clue to the fact that treating such events
    as actual historical events turns God into a magician, and I do not believe
    that our God does magic tricks.

        St. Augustine said it well (I thank Jim Miller for the quotation): ".
    God, the Author and Creator of all natures, does nothing contrary to nature;
    for whatever is done by Him who appoints all natural order and measure and
    proportion must be natural in every case." Augustine of Hippo, Reply to
    Faustus the Manichean, Book XXVI, 3.

    Bob Schneider