Books on history and philosophy of science

From: Gary Collins (gary@algol.co.uk)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 09:38:04 EDT

    Hi Preston,

    One book on the philosophy of science which I enjoyed very much
    is 'What is this thing called Science?'
    I think the author's name is Chalmers (if I remember, I'll check up
    on that for you when I get home tonight.)

    /Gary

    On Tue, 13 May 2003 05:20:03 -0400, asa-digest wrote:

    >Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 03:09:36 -0500
    >From: Preston Garrison <garrisonp@uthscsa.edu>
    >Subject: Books on history and philosophy of science
    >
    >Group,
    >
    >A friend has asked me for recommendations on good books with broad
    >coverage on the history of science and philosophy of science. I would
    >appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.
    >
    >Preston G.

    "By tying up the weak case for a young earth in the same package as the strong case for creation, recent-creationists are almost asking to be defeated."
    -- Alan Hayward, "Creation and Evolution: The Facts and Fallacies," p.81