Re: Evolutionary rate

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 09:54:51 EDT

    Don Winterstein wrote:

    >But Crick is the guy who, in his book, Life Itself, claimed that life could
    >not have originated on Earth but had to have an extraterrestrial source.

    If we can get flying saucers and space aliens out of our heads, and just
    look at the history of our earth and universe this idea has far more
    substance than it may appear to have at first blush.

    Our earth and sun originated less than 5 billion years ago, but the
    universe is dated at 13.7 billion years. What do you think was going on
    for the first 8.7 billion years?

    Were the elements in our earth and solar system "cooked down" in a star
    which exploded in a novation, or was there simply a giant "poof"?

    Assuming the first scenario, was there life on planets which might have
    surrounded this earlier star, the precursor to our solar system?

    Did biological life which may have existed on a primal "earth" and
    vaporized in a novation over 5 billion years ago survive to seed our early
    earth roughly 4 billion years ago?

    What would have created life on an earlier planet? I would assume the same
    Creator we worship today did it. But just like we don't know how it was
    accomplished here, we also wouldn't know how it might have appeared on an
    earlier "earth." Shifting the origination of life to another terrain puts
    us no nearer to an ultimate answer.

    www.genesisproclaimed.org