RE: Bible Verification

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 15:42:20 EDT

    Moorad,

    Israel, in the Scriptures, often refers to all twelve tribes, not just the
    northern kingdom. Weren't they all God's chosen people? Even though they
    are called Jews (after Judah), they presumably wanted to have a name
    reminiscent of the days before the unfortunate split.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado
    Boulder, CO 80309-0395