Re: The Nature of Atheist - Christian dialogue

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 09:43:28 EDT

    >>Here's one of my own ideas as to what it means. There is a long
    tradition
    of human authors, painters, actors etc embroidering an unobtrusive
    "signature" into their work.>>

    Let me put forth a counter argument here. The tradition Iain speaks of is
    real, all right, but it is not of long standing. According to my
    professor of Christian History here, the practice began only in the
    Middle Ages as the individualistic concept began to get hold of artists.
    He specified an approximate date -- I think it was somewhere between 1200
    and 1300. Before that time the practice was not known to be used.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!