Re: 153

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 09:39:08 EDT

    >>According to Ivor Grattann-Guinness, 153 was regarded as a highly
    significant number in ancient Egyptian lore, millenia before the NT was
    written.>>

    That is, to me, pretty strong evidence that the writer of John used it as
    a metaphor for "a whole bunch." I can see an argument built on that as
    being very persuasive in a court of law.

    Thanks.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!