Re: Feedback on Howell

From: Steve Bishop (stevebishop_uk@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 15:01:34 EDT

    James,

    I haven't read or seen the book, though there is a review in
    Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith Index: Vol. 54:3, September 2002
    It's on line at:
    http://www.asa3.org/ASA/BookReviews2000-present/9-02.html

    I am highly dubious of the Two Book's metaphor. (Why only two?)

    "Those who inclined towards developing the idea of neutrality, or
    separateness, or autonomy, of science took a position that became epitomized
    in the metaphor of the two books, the Book of Scripture and the Book of
    Nature, both created by God as manifestations of His omnipotence and
    omniscience, but books different in character that had to be kept apart." F
    E Manuel _The Religion of Isaac Newton_ (Oxford: Oxford University Press,
    1974) pp 27-8

    Hardly a position Van Til or Kuyper would endorse!!

    Steve

    Hotmail messages direct to your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/mobile