Re: Resurrected Body

From: Sondra Brasile (sbrasile@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 03 2003 - 11:33:50 EDT

    Dear Rich and Debbie,

    I wish I had time to go into this in depth, but I really don't. I wanted to
    briefly explain how I've come to understand the issues you are discussing.

    The absence of the body and presence with the Lord thing, is from what I
    understand, the soul departing from the flesh which most denominations
    believe happens at the time of death until the bodily resurrection spoke of
    in Revelation at the great white throne judgement; when the bodies are
    called up from the graves with a great shout of the voice of the archangel
    and gathered from the four winds (or something like that). Unless you are
    one of the denominations that believe in soul sleep, I don't know how they
    treat that passage.

    The clothing you don't want to be caught without would be your works. In
    Revelation we get a robe of linen which is somehow based on our works, this
    is where it says woe to those who are without a garment and are left naked.
    Those that have no works.

    I know I'm treading on dangerous ground for not doing my homework before
    posting, but I'm hoping my memory hasn't failed me too badly.
    I will try to get my work done and sepnd more time with this if necessary.

    Sondra Brasile