Resurrected Body

From: Debbie Mann (deborahjmann@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 23:23:06 EDT

    BlankIn regards to a physical resurrection:
    IICor 5:6 Therefore ...whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from
    the Lord.
    8 We are confident and willing rather to be absent from the body and present
    with the Lord.

    That, in conjunction with raised incorruptible and various other references
    seems to indicate that in the hereafter we won't have bodies like these.

    Nothing against my body, it suits me very well, but I really don't want to
    be anywhere near the same in the next life.
    These bodies are too separate from one another. People act with them. Not to
    mention the amount of betrayal that occurs when independent people lose the
    function of their physical body. I don't care if it does become
    incorruptible, they'll still look like the things that were broken, sick,
    hungry and lustful in this life. I want something new without baggage. (Not
    a new model, a new thing - I can't see an advantage to looking like a 24
    year old model/athlete in the new life, nor can I see the point in everybody
    carrying around the basic reminders of their old life - so gussied up or
    come as you are, I'd rather leave the thing to rot in the coffin here.)

    Debbie Mann, PE
    Debbie Mann Consulting
    (765)477-1776

    Blank_Bkgrd.gif