RE: The Nature of Atheist - Christian dialogue

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 11:34:25 EDT

    Jim wrote: "**WARNING - ANTI-CHRISTIAN SENTIMENT TO FOLLOW**

    The story of Adam and Eve is nonsense. Adam and
    Eve were harshly punished for action they took before
    they had knowledge of good and evil. Adam and Eve is
    far better explained as primitive myth trying to
    explain human death.
    Let's try once again. What you have written above is, except for the
    "nonsense" bit, not "anti-Christian sentiment at all.

    Many Christians, including me, would quite agree with your closing sentence
    as being the most probably explanation. Of course, it is also quite true
    that some Christians would not agree with it.

    We are not a consistent bunch! <G> At least not on secondary issues such as
    the one above.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com