Scientific Papers of Sir William Herschel

From: Alison Lewis (Alison@THOEMMES.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 09:28:22 EST

    Dear List Members

    Thoemmes Press is an independent publisher based in Bristol, UK
    (www.thoemmes.com). We make available primary source materials to the
    academic library market and publish an award-winning programme of
    biographical dictionaries (www.thoemmes.com/dictionaries.htm).

    For many years we have been asked by institutional and private customers to
    make some of our multi-volume works available as individual volumes. In
    response to this we have launched many volumes, together with newly selected
    titles that we have not previously reprinted, under the new Thoemmes
    Libraries publishing division. We already have a list of titles available in
    the new Thoemmes Library of Science (www.thoemmes.com/libraries/science.htm)
    and this will be added to regularly.

    In June 2003 / August 2003 (USA) we will publish the Scientific Papers of
    Sir William Herschel (www.thoemmes.com/science/herschel.htm). This
    two-volume set is the only complete edition of the writings of the greatest
    astronomer of the 18th century and includes more than 100 scientific papers,
    a biography of Herschel, 3 appendixes, an index, 28 plates and many
    diagrams.

    Our website (www.thoemmes.com) has a range of free online resources
    including: e-newsletters; featured subject areas; special promotions on
    selected titles; relevant links; competitions; essays; texts; biographical
    encyclopedia and a recently updated gallery with more than 450 portraits of
    individuals from the History of Ideas. Please be sure to tell your
    colleagues and students about the services we provide to the international
    History of Ideas community.

    With many thanks and best wishes