Re: Fools rush in - was Re: Reviews of Darwin's Cathedral

From: Cmekve@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 19:19:15 EST

    George-

    I'm fairly ignorant of Teilhard's work but I was wondering how well it (and
    your ideas) fit in with the Orthodox concept of 'theosis'? Finnish Lutheran
    theologians have been stressing the concept in Luther (perhaps too much) and
    others are finding similar results in Wesley, Aquinas, Calvin, etc. From my
    limited reading it would seem that the Patristic writers have much to teach
    us. Something like Maximus the Confessors concept of "cosmic redemption" (at
    least as seen through David Yeago's work!) would seem to be open to
    considerable application to science/faith issues especially as related to
    ecclesiology. Any thoughts on the matter?

    Karl
    Karl V. Evans
    cmekve@aol.com

    In a message dated 3/13/03 3:37:12 PM Mountain Standard Time,