Re: By Design

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 17:38:45 EST

    Stein,

    Most interesting! Fortunately I'm not superstitious and, in this context,
    would prefer to interpret the 'mark' as a triple stamp of perfection!* I
    wish I could claim responsibility for this fine example of 'intelligent
    design', for as I demonstrate at
    http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/sixes.htm , 666 - particularly in
    denary representation - is indeed a most remarkable object - as you can no
    doubt confirm.

    I recollect from past exchanges that you have never been an enthusiastic
    supporter of my claims. May I ask, What is now your view of Genesis 1:1? Do
    you believe the observed phenomena to be there by design, or not? I would
    greatly value your forthright observations as a mathematician.

    Sincerely, and with thanks,

    Vernon

    * For the uninitiated: 6 happens to be the first perfect number.