Re: By Design (was Re: Numbers)

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 18:37:04 EST

    John,

    I take you point, of course. But what I think has first to be established,
    and generally agreed upon, is the vanishingly small probability that these
    phenomena may be attributed to chance. Clearly, to be fully convinced of
    this one has to spend some time digesting the complete body of evidence set
    out at http://www.otherbiblecode.com. However, for the benefit of those who
    find they haven't the time to embark on such an exercise it is my intention
    to present, over the next day or so, a summary of the salient features.

    I have to say I am most surprised that you can already have assessed this
    evidence as 'too weak to consider seriously...'. Are you really that
    unimpressed by the '10 billion to1 against' scenario associated with the 'pi
    / e' affair?

    Vernon