Re: Is the Hubbert curve a factor in the Bush Administrations rush to

From: Preston Garrison (
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 03:42:11 EST

    >Walt has a very good point here that I want to expand.
    > It is not only a question of not doing nothing, it is
    >a question of what exactly is being done and what is
    >The "peace" movement is geared toward stopping US
    >action against Iraq. One reads about "human shields"
    >going from Canada (or where ever) to Iraq to promote
    >Maybe I missed it, but where were the stories of
    >"human shields" going into Kurdish or Shiite villages
    >to protect them against gas attacks by the Saddam
    >regime? My point is not facetious. It seems the
    >height of hypocrisy (or bigotry or selfish conceit) to
    >say on one hand I will be a human shield to protect
    >Iraq from the US, but not be one to protect Kurdish
    >villagers from Saddam.

    On this point, see the following:

    Voice of Iraqis
    Why don't antiwar types want to hear them?

    If antiwar protesters succeed...

    First sentence:

    Since Amr Moussa, the secretary-general of the Arab League, started
    warning that a US invasion of Iraq would "open the gates of hell,"
    the retort that has been flying around Iraqi exiles' websites is, "Good!
    We'd like to get out!"

    Preston G.