Re: Giberson

From: Steven M Smith (
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 12:33:15 EST

    Hi Karl E. (and James M.)

    Yes I am still lurking here. However, since I subscribe to the digest
    version of the ASA listserv it takes a extra day for postings to show up in
    my mailbox.

    I highly recommend Giberson's book, "Worlds Apart ..." I have loaned my
    copy out several times and everyone returns it impressed. I believe that
    the local Regis College has even used this book in some of its Theology &
    Science type classes.

    Karl E. has related most of what I know about Karl G. I haven't met Karl
    G. personally but I know at least one friend/colleague of his. To amplify
    Karl E.'s remark, Karl G. is the editor of and a frequent contributor to
    the "Research News & Opportunities in Science and Theology" magazine

    James - You might want to also check out this publication for your
    biography. See the above website for a free 6 month subscription (actually
    free w/ no strings attached!).

    While searching for the "Research News" URL, I also came across the
    following sites:
    Giberson's ENC Bio

    and a recent article (2/8/03) in the Boston Daily Globe

    (If Karl Giberson ever reads this, advertising fees can be sent to the
    address below <grins>)
      Steven M. Smith, Geologist Office: (303)236-1192
      U.S. Geological Survey Fax: (303)236-3200
      Box 25046, M.S. 973, DFC
      Denver, CO 80225
      --USGS Nat'l Geochem. Database NURE HSSR Data Web Site--