Re: Giberson

Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 20:48:45 EST

    In a message dated 2/20/03 5:37:04 AM Mountain Standard Time, writes:

    << Folks,
     Someone who read my annotated bibliography said, "Just curious as to why
     AND RELIGION. Beacon Hill Press, Kansas City, Mo."
     That makes me think that perhaps Giberson is someone I should know
     about. Can someone who knows him, tell me something about Giberson and
     what they think of his contribution to the literature on science and
     James and Florence Mahaffy 712 722-0381 (Home)
     227 S. Main St. 712 722-6279 (Office)
     Sioux Center, IA 51250

    Karl Giberson teaches physics at Eastern Nazarene College near Boston. He is
    also editor of the "newspaper-type" publication put out by the Templeton
    organization (I can't remember the title...News & Views maybe). He and his
    colleague Donald Yerxa frequently team-up on science-faith issues and are
    fairly often in Books & Culture. If I remember correctly, within the past
    year he did a 3-part series on Isaac Newton for B&C.

    He also has several books out, including a new one with Yerxa. A search of
    google and/or should give you more info. I have not read his
    books but have had them highly recommended; they apparently aim for an
    educated layman/college student level.

    By the way, his last name is pronounced with a long i -- the Gi rhymes with
    by. Hope this helps; if my colleague Steve Smith is still lurking on this
    list, he can tell you a lot more.

    Karl V. Evans