Re: my new paradigm

From: Don Winterstein (dfwinterstein@msn.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 02:35:34 EST

    Sondra Brasile wrote:

    > I see some fundamental problems with your theory, just off the top of my
    > head; when did God become the husband? You easily go from one to the other
    > with that, you agree that Jesus is the bridegroom, but then proceed with
    how
    > God has to make for *himself* wives. I'd say I have a pretty good
    knowledge
    > of what the Bible contains and nowhere does it ever say anything other
    than
    > God being "FATHER".

    God is speaking to the nation of Judah: "For your Maker is your husband, the
    LORD of hosts is his name.." Isaiah 54:5.

    God is speaking to the nation of Judah: "Behold.I will make a new covenant
    with the house of Israel.not like the.covenant which they broke, though I
    was their husband, says the LORD." Jeremiah 31:32.

    God is speaking to the nation of Judah: "I remember.your love as a bride,
    how you followed me in the wilderness.." Jeremiah 2:2.

    God is speaking to the nation of Judah: "When I.looked upon you, behold, you
    were at the age for love; and I spread my skirt over you and covered your
    nakedness ['symbolic of entering a marriage relationship']:.I plighted my
    troth to you and entered into a covenant with you, says the Lord GOD, and
    you became mine." Ezekiel 16:8.

    God is speaking to the nation of Israel: "And in that day, says the LORD,
    you will call me, 'my husband,'.." Hosea 2:16.

    All quotes from RSV.

    Don