Re: looking for opportunities for summer service

From: Joel Moore (jxm957@psu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 09:36:22 EST

    Something else you might want to consider for this summer or maybe
    next summer is taking classes at Wheaton College's Black Hills
    Science Station. It costs money but is worth it for the experience.
    Wheaton offers a field zoology class, an ecology class, and another
    class that I can't remember (I was out there as a geologist, not a
    biologist). The classes are all out in the Black Hills of South
    Dakota and are heavily oriented toward field and hands-on experience.
    For the ecology course, students travel out to Yellowstone, the
    Tetons, and lots of other places in Wyoming and Montana. If you're
    interested in more information, email me and I can give you my wife's
    email address (she was a biology student) and/or another friend from
    Wheaton who's here at Penn State (just up the road from you).

    I hope things go well for you in your search for good experiences.

    Joel