Re: Response to: Let's End the Bible Versus Science Conflict

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 14:24:28 EST

    In an apparent desperate attempt, Rich writes

    >It is not untoward to attempt interpretation of Genesis. The Talmudists and
    >the Kabbalah both claim that Genesis contains allegories. This specifically
    >means that as far as the Jews are concerned, the true meaning is veiled and
    >MUST be interpreted from the surface material and WAS NEVER meant to be
    read
    >literally. Why don't we heed their opinions on their own written material?

    Sorry, Rich, this type of Christian nonsense requires a response.
    Please provide further evidence for your reasoning. In the meantime,
    you can consider me a Christian. The kind of Christian who believes
    all evidence against Christianity must be interpreted as an allegory
    and re-defined. In other words, a Christian who believes in absolutely
    nothing. For the sake of honesty, integrity, and fair play, though -
    please don't consider me a Christian.

    Jim Eisele