Re: Church Presentation Concerning Evolution

From: Josh Bembenek (
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 11:30:01 EST

    >--On your slide with the eye, don't label the two views "creationist" and
    > "evolutionist." Label the first view "anti-evolutionist" or something
    > like that. After all, we can believe both that the complex eye
    > evolved AND that God created it.

    Agreed, I was using terminology that most people would be familiar with I
    think. I view most creationists as being anti-evolutionists, especially
    within the church community here, but it is an important distinction that I
    want to make (especially with the discussion of the theistic evolution

    >--You may want to think about how you'll answer questions of hermeneutics.

    I will definitely do this within the specific discussion of each viewpoint.
    I will mostly follow the information offered in "Three Veiws on Creation and

    Thanks for the link and comments,