Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: John Burgeson (
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 12:17:46 EST

    I reply to part of Jan's last post:

    Jan wrote: "No convicting is not our job, but having convictions is asked of

    That is absolutely true, Jan. However, certainty in thse convictions is
    generally only granted to those on the sidelines.

    " Without closing doors, I cannot see where homosexual relationships are

    That's a fair statement. And if you've studied the issue deeply, and gotten
    involved with others (both gay and straight) in the dialog, and still have
    that view, I can accept it.

    " I am ready to accept all sinners, knowing that I am a sinner as well. "

    Of course that's not the issue, Jan. The issue is "are all homosexual acts
    necessarily sin?"

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)