Re: Historical evidence for Jesus

From: Jim Eisele (
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 13:41:20 EST

    Iain writes

    >A creationist takes it on faith that the biblical account of Creation
    >is historically true.

    Um, is this anything to base the direction of your life on? It's
    not just faith, as in I'm 95% sure and I'll trust God for the rest.
    It's more like "I know it's false but I can't bear to accept it just

    Other posts

    >The Bible is a collection of books. They must each be treated on their own
    >merits; and the gospels, for my money especially Mark and Luke, are as
    >a historical foundation as for any history in the ancient world.

    I don't mean to be argumentative. But, I wonder about the logic here.
    Adam and Eve are false, the creation account is false. Thus, Jesus
    "plopping into humanity" to save everyone from their sins seems a bit
    outdated, don't you think?

    My time on this list may be outdated as well, as I head over to the agnostic
    list. How shaky is Christianity's foundation becoming? I'll leave it at
    that for the purposes of this list.

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question