Re: Celebrating Creation.II

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 13:07:31 EDT

    Dates for the age of the universe and geological age dates have NOTHING to
    do with evolution and are worked out from straight physics. As Brent
    Dalrymple (leading US radiometric age dater)more or less said Evolutionists
    just have to put up with whatever dates geochronologists give them. If they
    are too much or too little then tough.

    The age of 4.5 b.y. has stayed constant since 1946 which is remarkable.
    Remember the first radiometric age date was 1907 when they estimated the age
    of the earth at 1.8 by. Before that in c1880s Kelvin estimated 24 my and in
    1860 both Darwin and the Revd Samuel Haughton, an anti-evolutionary
    geologists guessed at 1.8 by.

    Before that there was lots of variation, but geologists since 1750 were
    suggesting a very long time at least 10s of thousands if not millions.

    Evolution has nothing to do with the age of the earth and anyone who says is
    wrong.

    Michael