Re: Celebrating Creation.II

From: Stuart d Kirkley (stucandu@lycos.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 18:32:41 EDT

    I'm only positing that there is obviously an intelligent order to the
    universe, and that intelligence stems from one source only, which is
    mind (for where else could it possibly come from) and that this mind
    must be supreme and primordial, an intelligent source beyond any
    human reckoning, and that perhaps this is what we come to know as
    being God, the governing intelligence of all creation. The universe
    being infinite, it must be a manifestation of God's infinite
    intelligence, and since intelligence is mind, then perhaps the
    universe is infinite mind expressed. And if so, then it is only meet
    to capitalize Mind to ascribe it as a synonym for God.
    I thought this tied in well with the excellent sermon on praising
    God's wisdom put forward by Robert Schneider. And wisdom being
    another espression of intelligence, or Mind, certainly one has to
    allow that wisdom comes from above, or a higher source of
    intelligence than our limited human capacities, and perhaps this is
    why we should feel reverence and praise for God's benevolence and
    lovingkindness as He ( Divine Mind) guides us through wisdom to a
    better sense of being and harmony.
    You can accept this or not, and maybe my initial premise went too far
    and can be contested through logic, but the concept and idea is
    sound and valid, and for me, carries a lot of weight. I think when
    you understand and feel ( which I'm sure you must have) that wisdom
    and intelligence come from a place outside of ourselves, as an
    inspiration (as in 'every good gift and every perfect gift is from
    above' James1:17), you get an inkling (or even a very strong sense)
    of a greater intelligence (a far greater intelligence) which is ever
    present and ready to lovingly bestow it's benefits upon you. For me,
    it really helps to understand that this intelligence is omnipresent
    and omniscient Mind, or God, and the definition, or synonym, is very
    apt indeed, to me. That is my personal experience, and I was inspired
    by Mr. Scneiders eloquent homily praising God for His benevolent
    wisdom.

    Stuart K.