Re: Thorough Humiliation of Bible "scholars"

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 15:27:45 EDT

    Jan writes

    >Our conclusion was that Gen. chapters 1 - 11,
    >were not history in the modern sense of the word

    You know what, Jan. I agree with you now. Conservatives (as I
    used to be) get upset with liberals because of what seems to be
    logical inconsistencies. Ex 20:11 is a case in point. Did God
    really tell Moses that he created the heavens and earth in 6 days?
    Any person reading Gen 1 without scientific considerations would be
    certain that is what the text is claiming.

    Hugh Ross says that we are living in a post-Christian world. And,
    it's not hard to see why.

    YEC is a very ugly reality. I can't defend day-age any more.
    That leaves you with an OT that only reflects the views of the writers.
    Why on earth would we think it is inspired by God? It fits the
    definition of mythology, exaggeration and ignorance far better.

    A lot less trusting these days,

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question
    http://genesisinquestion.org