St. Michael, angels

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 18:44:22 EDT

    Thinking further on the original theme and some of the speculations
    in Lewis et al., one particular question is whether angels actually
    produce physical manifestations. Alternatively, they could be
    producing mental perceptions in the individuals to whom they wish to
    reveal themselves. I.e., what we see or hear could be
    physiologically a halluciniation, though the angel is real.
    Determining whether a camera, microphone, or other mechanical device
    detected the angel as well as a human observer would provide
    interesting data. However, positive results would not rule out the
    possibility that the angel also manipulated the device rather than
    having a physical image. Conversely, negative results would not rule
    out the possibility of a physical manifestation that was made
    imperceptible to the device.

         Dr. David Campbell
         Old Seashells
         University of Alabama
         Biodiversity & Systematics
         Dept. Biological Sciences
         Box 870345
         Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 USA
         bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted
    Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at
    Droitgate Spa