Re: Liberalism & Conservativism

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 12:59:15 EDT

    >>Great articles and I think that they graphically portray the truth of
    what happens when extreme political notions are injected into the
    Christian Faith --- as well of the flaws of extreme conservatism and
    liberalism. Thanks for the reference, John. Excellent reading.>>

    Thanks, Walt.

    In the liberalism essay, the author specifies that he speaks of
    liberalism as equal to the "contemporary variety of government-driven
    social reformism." My own liberalism may include some aspects of that,
    but the first definition is closer and more inclusive of my positions.
    The second definition he mentions seems to me to be synonymous with the
    modern day Libertarian party. I have been known to support some of these.
    <G>

    I like essays that make me think, and these did so. I'm glad you liked
    them also. I quite agree with your comment above.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
            (an eclectic site about science/theology, quantum mechanics,
             ethics, baseball, humor, cars, philosophy, etc.)