Re: Thorough Humiliation of Bible "scholars"

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 14:23:06 EDT

    At 11:18 AM 13/10/2002 +0000, Jim Eisele wrote about the exodus.

        I do not like the way Jim talks about theologians. If you read my
    uncle's book published in 1940 (Studien over de El-Amarnabrieven en het
    Oude Testament inzonderheid uit historisch oogpunt, 557 p., Delft, 1940)
    you may disagree with him, but that would mean that you would have to study
    the El-Amarna tablets as well. He sets the date of the exodus from Egypt
    around 1420, if I remember right. He was a theologian who was starved to
    the death by the Germans in a concentration-camp because he did not have
    the mind of a "jelly-fish."
    Please, be careful with your language. You do not have to agree with
    people, but you should be careful when you judge people.
    You talk about "real" evidence to set the exodus earlier, but do not show
    what the real evidence is, so I (though not a theologian) do not feel
    compelled to go in detail over the arguments my uncle gathered from the
    tablets and the bible to come to another (later) date. (Besides I am not
    competent to deal with archeological and theological arguments, when the
    intersect.)

    Jan de Koning