Liberalism & Conservativism

From: John W Burgeson (
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 15:56:24 EDT

    I have stumbled on two rather good articles by a UT prof.

    The Problem with Conservativism is at

    The Problem with Liberalism is at

    The moral errors of Conservatism are:

    1. Civil Religionism
    2. Instrumentalism
    3. Moralism
    4. Caesarism
    5. Traditionalism
    6. Neutralism
    7. Mammonism
    8. Meritism

    and the moral errors of Liberalism are:

    1. Propitiationism
    2. Expropriationism
    3. Solipsism
    4. Absolutionism
    5. Perfectionism
    6. Universalism
    7. Neutralism
    8. Collectivism

    The author is a Christian, and places his essays in that light.

    Recommended reading. First published in 1996. Blake Nelson suggested
    sharpening our debate points. This may help.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)
            (an eclectic site about science/theology, quantum mechanics,
             ethics, baseball, humor, cars, philosophy, etc.)