This scientist's verse

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 13:36:26 EDT

    In the course of adding some material today to my web site, I included
    the following under "quotations" in section 11.

    This scientist's verse: Psalm 27:4 -- "One thing have I desired of the
    Lord,
    that I will seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all
    the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and
    to enquire in his Temple."

    I would be interested in what other verses ASA LISTSERV members find
    useful or descriptive as pertaining to science, our common profession.
    The phrase "enquire in his temple" above means, to me, to celebrate
    investigations into the world in which He has placed us, for in so doing
    I belive we honor him as the unseen (but not unperceived) force that
    holds it all together. In so doing, I also believe, we do "behold the
    beauty of the Lord."

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
            (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
             humor, cars, philosophy, ethics etc.)